NBA Draft tie breakersThere were five ties among teams that finished the 2006-07 NBA regular season with identical records. The ties were broken Friday April 20th. A random draw is held to determine the order of selection for NBA Draft 2007, which will be held at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Thursday, June 28.
The drawings were held earlier in the day in New York City by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations.
The results of the drawings:
• Portland (32-50) won over Minnesota by virtue of a tiebreaker
• Charlotte (33-49) won over New York and Sacramento; New York then won over Sacramento by virtue of a tiebreaker
• Indiana (35-47) won over Philadelphia by virtue of a tiebreaker
• Washington (41-41) won over New Jersey by virtue of a tiebreaker
• Golden State (42-40) won over L.A. Lakers by virtue of a tiebreaker
See the complete draft order here.